11.30.2009

KIMAYA Purple Corn Drink





The other day I was faced with a tough decision: Coke or Kimaya. I chose Kimaya because after I read the flyer I realized that I had found the fountain of youth...no, not really, but they certainly claim that the drink is good for just about everything - it lowers cholesterol, it's anti-ageing, rich in vitamin C, calcium, and the list goes on and on...



The drink was actually quite good. It's sweetened with just enough cane sugar and tastes like fruit juice, kind of. I can't say it tastes like corn, or more specifically purple or blue corn, but it was nice and refreshing. So far the drink, which is made in Colombia, is only available at this one place - YdeYuca at the Codabas market in the northern part of Bogotá. It's worth the trip to check out the produce market and shops and then  feast on the best carimañolas in town and a Kimaya.

Cra. 7 No. 180 – 75

2 comments:

  1. I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. On November 28th, 2009, I began indexing your posts and enabling CookEatShare.com visitors to find them. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users are being guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.
    Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/featured-author. Or contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thhank you for writing this

    ReplyDelete